Sunday, February 11, 2007

SOX, SOX, OH MY, MY SOX! AKA SIGNATURES PLUS!

A great deal of negative information has been communicated regarding Sign on the X, also known as SOX, and Signatures Plus, an outfit located in California, and the employer of numerous independent contractor notaries throughout the United States.

Research Sign on the X (SOX) before you sign on the X with SOX!

A good place to learn about the business practices of SOX is the Internet. A search of www.Google.com or www.Yahoo.com is a start. Messages on notary message boards such as www.123notary.com, see
http://www.123notary.com/forum.htm will also warn the notary regarding SOX.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying to not do business with SOX, I am just saying that I would never do business with SOX. SOX paid me, but they paid me late, and they paid me after giving me grief and I'll be the first to write that I cannot understand why any notary would work for SOX unless they were desperate for money and did not mind chasing SOX for payment.

Now, I am sharing my opinions regarding SOX and I back up my files since SOX intimidated www.123notary.com into deleting numerous truthful messages that SOX did not like. SOX likes to threaten people but as you will learn, SOX is going to be on extremely weak ground should it ever file suit alleging defamation of character. More on that in future posts.

Now, don't take my word regarding SOX. Let's read what others have written about SOX.

http://www.americannn.com/forums/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=380&PagePosition=1


What can you do?

Write the governor of California!

Write the governor of California an email and inform him of the numerous complaints against SOX. Ask that the attorney general investigate SOX's business practices. Include your name, address, and contact information so you will be taken serious. The governor's email address is: governor@governor.ca.gov.

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau

As of February 5, 2007, SOX had 306 complaints with the Better Business Bureau. As of today, February 11, the number of complaints have increased to 311! SOX must be setting a new record for low business practices. SOX look inward and clean your house!

The BBB has given SOX an "F" rating. Inform everyone you know about SOX. Everyone! Inform lenders, title companies, government officials and notaries if you have negative experiences with SOX.

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13134410

Take a look at www.RipOffReport.com and look up Sign on the X. http://www.ripoffreport.com/search.asp

Read the comments expressed on the Internet:
http://www.americannn.com/forums/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=380&PagePosition=1

Wanda Hackman, a notary with a post on www.123notary.com wrote, "Contact the CEO of Sox, Deb Vlavic, email dvlavic@soxusa.net this is the letter I sent her and got my money. She also told me that she would remove me from their database, like that would upset me! she did me a favor. "

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services wrote, "SOX seems to be a real bone of contention in this forum, more than any other signing company. Maybe we should all boycott SOX and see how quick they are to pay their notaries. Please notaries do your homework. Check with the Better Business Bureau before you contract with any company."

SOX May Also Use The Name Signatures Plus

"I read that Signatures Plus and Sox are owned by the same people so it would make sense that you would have issues with both if they are."

Contact The Lenders

Don't just whine about SOX, take action as I am doing. Inform the lenders of SOX's despicable reputation for mistreating notaries. If you educate the lenders they will use a different company.

Complain And Then File Suit Against The Borrowers

You have a legal right of action against borrowers if you are not paid. Send the borrower a letter demanding payment and copy SOX, the lender, the title company, et cetera of your intent to sue the borrower as a third-party beneficiary of your contract with SOX.

File A Complaint With The Federal Trade Commission

There is enough evidence regarding SOX that the Federal Trade Commission should take notice if you refer to this blog and others and you provide the evidence. Don't just complain, provide your evidence to inform if you have evidence that a company has a sociopathic, predatory character. Inform, inform, inform! See www.ftc.gov.

Information on SOX

http://www.manta.com/comsite5/bin/pddnb_company.pl?pdlanding=1&referid=4490&id=gprjmb

$900,000 in annual sales. 12 employees. Owner: Debra Vladic.

Website: http://www.signonthexinc.com/home/

Companies that SOX represents:

A quote on SOX's website states:

"Home Loan Center has been using SOX for over two years and is currently our highest volume signing vendor...SOX holds their staff to the highest standards. They never decline orders and are always striving to provide the best service to my staff and to our customers…(with) SOX as your signing vendor, you can feel confident that you will receive excellent service and can trust that their staff will represent your company with the highest standards and integrity."- James Pittenger/Director Vendor Services/HomeLoanCenter.com."

I encourage you to go to www.homeloancenter.com and inform James Pittenger of your opinions regarding SOX.

"Having an onsite rep with SOX means having a dedicated partner in your corner at the most crucial hour of your business!"- Justin Smith, CEO/American Heritage Lending" I encourage you to contact Justin Smith of American Heritage Lending and educate Justin on SOX's relationships with notaries.

"We are very happy with the service your company provides and I am sure this is the beginning of a long and successful relationship"- Lynn Lawerance/Escrow Officer/First American Title."

"Working for SOX for the past few years has been wonderful. From day one they have been a company that I can trust to help grow my notary business They have longevity in the business because they care about their clients and notaries. SOX has all the qualities that every signing service should have today. Impeccable customer service, utmost professionalism and reliability. They are a company to trust."- Dianne Dahlke (notary)"

Do you trust SOX? Do you feel they care about you or your needs to be paid in a timely manner? Do you agree that SOX has "all the qualities that every signing service should have today?" Do you receive "impeccable customer service, utmost professionalism and reliability?" This reads like false advertising to me.

"I have been working with Sox Signing Solutions for almost a year now, the Sox staff is extremely knowledgeable, courteous and professional in every level. Payments are always received on time from their finance department. I look forward to continuing my relationship with such an efficient team."- Debbie P., Philadelphia PA"

Can you believe this false advertising! "Payments are always received on time...." Hey, they are "efficient" too! I never knew! Who is this Debbie P. from Philadelphia PA? Debbie, do you still feel this way about SOX?

"Everything went great, and we should be funding soon. Thanks so much. I will definitely use your service again."- Ann Intarathuch-Processor/People’s Choice Home Loans

Contact the People's Choice Home Loans and inform them of your opinions regarding SOX.

"My borrower called to say how wonderful and informative your notary was..."- Shirin Moftakhar, Account Manager/LendingTree Loans

Those in the industry know the notary signing agents work hard. I encourage you to contact Lending Tree Loans to share your experiences with SOX. Take action!

More False Advertising

SOX provides a Mission Statement that states:

"Mission Statement: ”SOX has a passion for being extraordinary in everything we do from operational excellence to providing superior customer service to all of our clients and the SOX family. We seek to outperform our competition and, above all, give signing peace of mind.”

I believe "operational excellence" is a misrepresentation. I believe it is equally false to state that SOX provides "superior customer service to ... the SOX family." Too many notaries complain that they are mistreated as if they are unwanted bastard children! SOX is guilty of false advertising!

SOX quotes notary Mike Hebert stating:

"It is a pleasure to work for a company like SOX. Their staff is professional and knowledgeable and as their notary representation in the field they provide us with the necessary assistance to complete each assignment. In the last 6 years this partnership has expanded our business largely due to their support and dedication to excellent customer service.”- Mike Hebert, Owner"

I provide Mike's comments so there is balance to my article on SOX. Did you consider SOX's staff to be "professional." This seems like more false advertising to this notary.

SOX states: "SOX is dependable, knowledgeable and communicative." A LOT of notaries disagree with this statement. This is more false advertising.

We will be profiling SOX with new posts to identify this company, its employees, and lenders who do business with SOX. Your contributions are welcome and invited.

Notary Eagle

1 comment:

The Notary Eagle said...

On February 13, 2007, SOX called me DEMANDING that I remove an email address for the owner of SOX from my blog.

This information is public. SOX, if you have anything to say to me, send me an email, but don't call. Do Not Call! Period!

If you want to express yourselves, write me. If I find your words interesting, I will post them on my blog.